First, I’d like to thank Walk the Moon for inspiring this blog title.
A week ago I turned 23 (#JordanYear). Weird. Thinking back to last year around this time, I’ve definitely made some strides in continuing this goal of being “something” in the music industry. I’ve definitely improved on taking care of myself in a time, in a place, where it can be hard to wake up every morning.
I also made eye contact with Drake at his Atlanta show on August 26th from the fifth row and realized life can’t be that bad.
As summer winds down, I wanted to reflect on some awesome moments that have happened these past few months. Majority of them are…concerts. What else would you expect? I’ve had the chance to see some of my favorite bands perform this summer and just haven’t had a chance to recap on them until NOW. I’ve also done some traveling and am convincing myself I need to move to California. The summer is always a weird time for me, but I am grateful for the people I’ve surrounded myself with that keep things fun and always give the best advice.
I’m excited for fall because everyone is touring, I’m going back to California, my brother gets married, JIMMY EAT WORLD IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM, and it won’t be 90 degrees outside anymore!
It would only be fitting to mention some of the new music I’ve been listening to.
- Frank Ocean- Blonde
- The long awaited album is finally out. I listened to part of this on my flight from CA to VA and let me tell you…it was an experience.
- Charlotte Day Wilson- CDW
- This EP is essential for listening to at night when you’re in your feels.
- Travi$ Scott- Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight
- La Flame is back & this album is gold.
- Glass Animals- How To Be A Human Being
- My favorite Oxford boys released their 2nd album that builds upon those eccentric jams I feel in love with on Zaba.
Even though September just begun, a lot of music has already been released! Check out some of the tracks I’m listening to in the playlist below:
Posts on how Matty Healy is making me wear less black, everyone now knows who Twenty One Pilots is, and why Drake forever has my heart coming this week!